July 30, 2017

Inspired Word of God {Five Minute Friday}

Five Minute Friday has the word: Inspire as our theme this week. When I think of inspiration I think of God's Word. Nothing can inspire me more than when I find a beloved passage from the Bible. The words fill my heart with so much love and encouragement. Words for any situation. It doesn't matter if you are brokenhearted, devastated, mourning, feeling lost, feeling joyful, feeling thankful, feeling despair. There is a verse that will surely comfort and inspire you. One of my favorite passages of inspiration can be found in Micah 6:8. It's a passage that I fall back on when I need a "reboot" about what is important in this life when things seem to be getting out of hand. 
Five Minute Friday~ Inspired Word of God
He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?
~Micah 6:8

The next time life starts getting out of hand and you wonder what you need to do next, remember this passage. Do justly. Love mercy. And walk humbly before God. Think of what kind of world we would live in if everyone chose to follow these three rules of thumb? Talk about a major world reboot!

Have a beautiful rest of your weekend!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! You're right! That's a great verse to inspire and reboot. I find that when my heart grows weary, my first line of defense is to put on some worship music and journal ALL of the names/attributes of God—I remind myself that HE IS still who He says He is, and that He's a rewarded (not a taker) of those who seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6) So good!
Have a lovely week!
Shauna (your FMF neighbour in #78)