May 15, 2019

Mother's Day at Fort Boonesborough {Wordless Wednesday}

We had the pleasure of enjoying Mother's Day at Fort Bonnesborough with my parents, my husband, and my brother with his fiance! We had a simply wonderful time exploring the former home of the American hero Daniel Boone. I love living so close to so many historically important locations!
Here are some photos from our adventure!


Watching how an heirloom 18th century loom worked.

Measurements used during this time period


More fiber work! Learning how they used a drop spindle and did spinning

The blacksmith making a candle holder
I especially loved speaking with the women who specialized in fibers and medicinal herbs. I would have bought some of the handspun yarn if they had made the ones I wanted for purchase. But I loved squishing it. And I loved seeing them doing the natural dyes. The boys got hand made candle holders from the blacksmith. 
My mom and dad absolutely love it! It was the perfect day for Mother's Day!

No comments: