June 8, 2019

Sabbath Scriptures and Inspiration

Hello and happy Saturday--and happy Sabbath to those who keep it. ❤ It's been awhile since I've shared some of the graphics that I've made to match scriptures, so I thought I would add a few of my most recent ones--most of them made the last couple weeks.

During a sermon from last week, our pastor mentioned a fantastic phrase which got me thinking. I did some searching on the original source and discovered it came from the book Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I just HAD to make graphic.

Another scripture which is a surprisingly encouraging passage is Exodus 2:24-25. At first glance it doesn't seem like it is--but when you take it apart and look at the verbs used, you realize that it can describe what we hope God does for us. Just think, this is what is written after 400 years of slavery in Egypt--we see that God hears, remembers, looks, and acknowledges His people. In HIS time. He fulfilled His promise and His plan. We too can count on God to do the same for us.
 On the way home from the store, I was listening to KLove. While listening I heard something interesting. The segment was about how all too often we say Christ is the King of our hearts...yet our lips don't reflect this. That our speech doesn't support this. That our lips don't spend enough time praising God and giving Him glory. And I had to think of my own mouth.
 Finally today we heard a lovely lesser-known scripture that hides in the minor prophet of Zephaniah 3:17. I just LOVED the words that were in it and I had to make a graphic to go with it. 

*****

No comments: