October 6, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal ~ October 6th

• In my life this week…
I am so thankful that the warm weather has held up for me to enjoy! We are truly having an Indian Summer with this blessed 80◦ weather every day! It’s making the transition into fall soooooo pleasant! Cool evenings and sunfilled days. This morning was gorgeous. It rained last night so all my flowers were covered in sparkling drops that just were amazing in the sun. The breeze rustled the leaves and teased the trees into releasing some leaves. And the sun. Oh the sun is glorious today! And the week appears to be playing out with this weather for the next several days. Simply heavenly! I hope it will last at least until Friday. On Friday we are heading to Lexington, KY to a museum with our homeschool Co-Op.

• In our homeschool this week…
We are back in the full swing of homeschooling with our full schedule. I only did about 75% of our usual day last week as we transitioned back from being gone for 2 weeks. But it’s back to our usual this week!

• Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I want to again suggest that for the reluctant student—allowing them to pick the order of the subjects really does make a difference. Since we instituted that practice I can easily get everything done during the day within the time allotted.

• Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
This week we are taking a homeschool Co-Op trip to Lexington, KY to visit a museum which is hosting the Titanic exhibit. It’s the big exhibit which even grants each visitor a boarding pass from someone on the manifest…and then at the end you learn whether or not your passenger survived the tragedy. I think my boys will enjoy seeing it.

• My favorite thing this week was…
Just getting back into the routine of my normal life. After a long vacation, sometimes just daily routine is comforting.

• My kiddos favorite thing this week was…
Heading back to church to see all of their friends again. Well, and just playing around the farm again.

• Things I’m working on…
I am participating in a “shape Up” program with a group of friends. We are supporting one another in our effort to “shape up” our health. It’s nice to have a group of friends all trying to make some kind of difference and to support each other. Even when we have moments of “epic fail”. LOL! My #1 things I’m working on—exercise and drinking more water. I don’t have weight to lose (I was surprised to discover I’d shed 10 pounds since I last stepped on a scale) but I have jiggles that I’d like to lose. And I’ve been having some bad sciatic nerve pain and my chiropractor says I need to exercise more to strengthen my back muscles to keep my back strong. So pain is driving me to make a difference.

• I’m cooking…
Fall goodies! We always wait and save certain dishes for fall. Mostly our soups, stews and chili. So now it’s time to pull out my favorite recipes and get started!

• I’m grateful for…
The life that I’m living. Being blessed to live here in the country. To have healthy children. A loving hardworking husband. A beautiful home. An amazing friend network. And most of all an amazing Almighty Father!

• I’m praying for…
Some friends out in Wyoming buried in snow without any power! And for continued guidance in the decisions I make in my daily life. Praying for a renewed and continuing zeal for the Gospel of our Lord Christ Jesus.

• I rewarded my kids this week by…
Making them a special drink with our Sabbath dinner—Pineapple Bubbly w/raspberries. I think the floating raspberries are their most favorite part.

• A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…


Photobucket

No comments: