February 3, 2017

Just Breathe {Five Minute Friday}

I totally missed last week's Five Minute Friday (I might still do it, just later), but I wanted to make sure I completed this week's themed post first. A couple things popped into my head when I heard the prompt--so lets get set and go for it.
5 Minute Friday: Just Breathe

AND GO

Breathe

To things that I think of. First, my #1 favorite essential oil blend. The one that convinced my husband that essential oils were the bomb. It was a bottle of a blend called BREATHE and was designed to help you get a clear sinus passage. It smells so fresh--eucalyptus, peppermint, cardamon, and more...and it works so well. A shot of clarity to the nose and brain. I just love it and it works so well.

The other thing that I think of is a Christian song called Breathe by Jonny Diaz. Have you heard it before? It's a great song. The lyrics just grab you...but my favorite part is the chorus.

Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
Is to just breathe.

The song is about how crazy life gets and it goes ninety miles and hour. Chaos surrounds you. Saying yes to a million things. And you are getting overwhelmed, but then you hear God whisper to you...Breathe. Just Breathe.

This is the reminder that I need to hear on the days when I'm overwhelmed by what my life has thrown at me. I try to take time to just stop. Stop. Take a deep breath. Slowly let it out. And be thankful that I CAN breathe. And that my God will help me through another day if I make sure I spend some time at His feet.

So make sure YOU take time to Breathe today.

 photo 2015blogsiggy_zpsfy0kfo4t.png

No comments: