September 11, 2011

Remembering...

Where were you on 9/11/01 when the America was attacked?

Nearly every American can answer that question.

I was getting ready for work in the Pacific Northwest and my grandparents called for me to "come and see this..." At first I thought it was a movie...then in horror I realised it was LIVE television. Could that really be happening? It was an accident right? And then right before my eyes I watched as plane #2 crashed into the 2nd tower. It was with wretched and somber heart that I listened to my radio on my way to work. I called my mom--she hadn't seen it yet. I told her to turn on the news. I remember that either she or I stated "It has started." We both thought at that moment in time that the world was truly going to be coming to an end. It was the beginning of the end of something...

I called her once I reached work and sat in the parking lot just crying listening to the radio as tower #1 came crashing down. All day long at work, we tried to stay focused on business--but we spent every moment we could hovering around the radio in one woman's office. We would relay information to each other throughout the building. I remember that as a receptionist, I noticed the phones were nearly silent that day.

Then that night came the images--the videos--the heartbreaking faces of despair and grief. Life as we knew it was changed forever.

Thank God that we have the promise of a future where there will be no more death--for if we read in one of my favorite scriptures in Revelation 21:4
"God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be NO MORE DEATH, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away..."

Continuing on in the latter half of the next verse we read:

And He said to me, 'Write, for these words are true and faithful.'" Revelation 21:5
This is a promise from God. We WILL experience a day when there will be an end to all the heartbreak and sorrow that man brings upon himself. A day when God will be in all mankind--a time a true peace on earth...

On this day we remember the lives of the those who were taken from us too soon--and pray for the day to come swiftly when we will be reunited with all our loved ones who have passed from this mortal life!!


Links to Share:
*What have we learned since 9/11?

*Why DOES God Allow Suffering?
*Are We living in the Time of the End?

No comments: