September 23, 2016

Five Words {Five Minute Friday}

Can you believe it's already Friday again? My dad flew in for the weekend so he could take care of some business stuff related to their new property here. So we are enjoying the time with him before he flies out again on Sunday night. Because it IS Friday, it's time for another 5 Minute Friday post. I found the theme for this week a bit harder than the last two weeks, but I will give it a go.


AND GO

Five. 
It's Friday and tomorrow is my Sabbath, so I start thinking ahead to my special time extra focused on God. And I come up with five words that I keep in my heart to help me in my daily walk with Him.

1. WAIT
Wait on the Lord.
Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD! ~Psalm 27:14

This is probably the hardest command God gives us. To wait for things to happen in HIS time, and not our own. But it definitely helps me build the much needed patience.

2. TRUST
Trust that God knows what He's doing.
But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD... ~Psalm 73:28

Oh this one is nearly as hard. I think of all the times when I just throw up my hands, because what's happening in this life, makes no sense, or overwhelms me. So I just have to keep my trust in the one constant. God.

3. HOPE
Hope in the Lord.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. ~Jeremiah 29:11

I have a hope for the future that nothing on this earth can take away. It's because of this hope that I can get through the trials that life throw at me. I know my future. I know the plans God has. Nothing in this world is better than that.

4. BELIEVE
Believe that All things work together for good to them that love the Lord.
But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. ~Galatians 3:22

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. ~ Romans 8:28

I don't have much to add to that. I just have to BELIEVE that what God has written WILL happen. Believe that it's true. Believe that God is in control. That He follows through on his promises...

5. FAITH
Shield of Faith.

Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. ~Ephesians 6:16

I lift my shield of faith every day to fight off the fiery darts of the adversary. It's when I don't gird myself through daily Bible Study and meditation that I falter. So I must lift my shield and keep it steady.

AND STOP.
I hope that you and yours have a simply fabulous weekend. It was the first day of fall yesterday, but it still feels like summer at 90+ degrees! I'm so ready for fall!!!
 photo 2015blogsiggy_zpsfy0kfo4t.png

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I needed to read this. Waiting & trusting God are the toughest things for me right now. Waiting makes me anxious and start to doubt, but has brought intimate time to be with Jesus as is, even though I don't always like how I am when I'm with him. And trusting feels a lot like dying to the wait and what I want. Which apparently is everything immediately.


For your sabbath tomorrow: http://youtu.be/jFeHyIrKe_w This is based on the first scripture you shared about waiting. It made me think of the song ☺️

Hope you have a lovely weekend too! Visiting from fmf. ❤️

Annette said...

oh... I like those words. They are good. :) Glad I stopped by. :) Visiting from FMF #54

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! Beautiful words for me too!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Thank you so much for the song share! Waiting is so hard, because I have to surrender control. LOL.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Thank you!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I am glad you found them encouraging!

Lori said...

How beautiful. I needed those words and scriptures today. Thank you! - Lori

Isabel Bent said...

Your experience is great and learning for other people.

Code of the Spiritual Warrior