July 3, 2012

Who call upon Him in Truth...

Psalm 145:18 "The LORD is near to all who call upon Him; to all who call upon Him in TRUTH."

I love that this verse is very specific about who the Lord is near to. Not everyone who calls on Him...but those who call on Him in TRUTH. So what is truth?

John 17:17 "Sanctify them through Your truth. Your Word is truth."

Not just part of the Word of God. Not just the New Testament. Not just Psalms and Proverbs. But the WORD OF GOD. The Bible. All of it. Beginning to End. Alpha to Omega.

Many claim to obey God and to declare their love for Jesus. They say "I believe in God. I believe in Jesus! I believe He died for Me!"

But is that enough?

James 2:19 "You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!"

Saying you believe is wonderful, but if in your daily walk, actions and choices God can't see any difference between you and the world at large...then you are giving Him nothing but lip service.

Matthew 12:33-34 "Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by [its] fruit. Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."

I can't tell you how many times I hear from people proclaiming their belief in God and declaring Christ as their Savior, who then post things on Facebook that demonstrate to me, that they are talking the talk...but not walking the walk.

If you truly {LOVE} God, you will walk in His teachings. His truths. His laws. His commandments.

John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments."

You cannot pick and choose which ones are the easiest for you to do or will have the least affect on your present status. You can't tell yourself that God will understand why you chose not to do something He's declared to be holy when it's within your capacity to do it. There are no "Fifty shades of grey" with God...It's either right or it's wrong and YOU don't get to decide which is which.

Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way [that seems] right to a man, But its end [is] the way of death."

Ephesians 5:3-7 "But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them."

Luke 13:23-27 "Someone asked him, "Lord, will only a few be saved?" He replied, "Work hard to enter the narrow door to God's Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail. When the master of the house has locked the door, it will be too late. You will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Lord, open the door for us!' But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from.' Then you will say, 'But we ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.' And he will reply, 'I tell you, I don't know you or where you come from. Get away from me, all you who do evil.'"

Did you get that? It didn't matter that they considered themselves His followers...they didn't show their faith in action. They were not living godly lives. Their fruits showed them to be ungodly...and God tells us not to be like these people.

Living a Godly life in this world today is HARD. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. Even Jesus Christ told his disciples that it was not an easy road to walk.

Luke 18:25-26 ""For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." And those who heard it said, "Who then can be saved?""

Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide [is] the gate and broad [is] the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow [is] the gate and difficult [is] the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

I make mistakes. I fall down. I fail DAILY. But I'm striving every day to obey the Word of God--to keep His laws and commandments, to listen and follow the teachings of Christ and the apostles and to make sure my light will bring glory to God. Not to Lisa, but to God! And I know that my heavenly Father is there helping me every step of the way.

Psalm 62: 7-8 "In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, And my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at ALL TIMES, you people: pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah."

There is nothing that this present world can offer that is better then what God has promised me. And unlike man, God ALWAYS keeps His promises. So I will strive to live a godly life. To teach my children to believe, love and follow God with all their hearts. Reminding them that everything on this earth can be taken from them, but the inheritance God has in store for His chosen people can NOT be taken away; thus it's the only thing worth setting your heart on. And when we draw near to Him and follow Him in truth and righteousness, then He will always walk beside us.

May you have a beautiful and blessed day...

No comments: