October 12, 2018

Adventures in Crochet: New Projects and FibreShare

Brrrr. Hello from a blustery chilly NE Kentucky. I believe the weather got all screwed up and jumped from summer to late fall/early winter! This is not the fall I know and love! I need the brisk mornings that warm up into lovely 60-70 degree days! Not cold and damp and dreary! Who knows what's going to come next?! But on the bright side, this weather just makes me want to hang out inside watching Netflix and working on my crochet projects! So I decided to share a few updates in my little crochet world for those who like to see what I'm working on...AND photos of the beautiful FibreShare package I received from my partner in Wales!

First off, let me share that I received my gorgeous package from my FibreShare partner from Wales last week and I instantly fell in love with the yarn she sent!

I just love the variety of yarns and colors she sent! That super colorful variegated is a hand dyed yarn of the softest superwash merino. The blue is a luxury silky soft 100% chunky cotton. The yummy red is a 100% cotton too. And that brown? It's a fabulous tweed mix! I was so inspired that I used the blue and bright merino right away!

I found a free easy chunky yarn scarf to make with the blue. I love the feel of it around my neck! The pattern is the Luscious One Skein Cowl from Moogly. It ended up using part of my second skein, but that's okay! I think I even have enough for a matching ear warmer.

I pulled out the ever faithful Harvest Moon Infinity Scarf for my superwash merino and it made the softest fun scarf! 


I am still on the lookout for the perfect pattern to use for that tweed...I am open to suggestions!

I also am enjoying the delicious English tea she sent. Peppermint and Chamomile are some of my favorite herbal teas to enjoy...I wish I could enjoy them all, but sadly I'm allergic to licorice and rose--two ingredients in a few of the teas she sent. But my mom is sure to love them! :) I also love that little butterfly keychain she made! Adorable!

Now another project that I have been working on and finished actually was the Falling Leaves Cardigan pattern that I purchased from Mon Petit Violon on Ravelry.com. I made the 1-2 year size and used my two skeins of Flikka yarn (a Lionbrand yarn) that I had on hand. They just screamed fall sweater to me. The Flikka line is now called Comfy Cotton I think. It's a lovely cotton blend. Perfect for garments. The pattern made up so quickly and beautifully! I just love the leaves on the yoke. I was able to get a friend's daughter to model it for me yesterday. She's so adorable!
I will definitely be making more of these this season to sell. I am going to try a solid for more of a boy look. But the pattern is super easy with lots of repeats. 

I am also trying to find the perfect pattern for a tight stitch lap throw for my mom and dad. Mom bought the yarn she liked, I just have to find a pattern for it. She likes the waffle stitch, but that's a yarn eater and I might not have enough yarn to make her a large enough throw. So I am still searching. 

I still have two WIPs that I want to finish. One an olive and chocolate cardigan for a boy and the other is that black seamless lacy tunic that I've been working on for about a year. LOL

Well, what projects do YOU have going right now? Do you have any hobbies you save to work on during the fall/winter seasons? Leave me a comment below! :)


No comments: