December 6, 2018

Adventures in Crochet: New Projects and Exciting News

It's officially December, and that means it's full on crochet time! I have so many projects that I want to get done or have started or have on deck. Today I figured I would share what I'm working on, what I'm finishing, and what I've purchased or snagged for upcoming projects. And then, I'll finish with some super duper fun and exciting news!

Finished Projects

I've knocked out a few hats in the same design. I love this Stacy Beanie with the puff stitch and slouchiness! 


I LOVE the variegated pink on this!
I purchased a pattern for a Baby Romper and gave it a go using a favorite Comfy Cotton blend. It was a very easy pattern, but I'll use a finer yarn next time. Maybe some of my favorite Simply DK yarn from Paintbox. 



Works in Progress


While not my only works in progress, my two largest works in progress consist of the afghan for my mom using the Shadow Box stitch...also known as the Waffle Stitch. It's an easy stitch, but a real yarn eater. Probably have to purchase more yarn, but we'll see. It makes a lovely design.

The other design is a test pattern I'm working on for a Color Block Sweater. I've been able to get the front blocks done, but it's a slow design because of the single crochet repeat. Fortunately, the designer said there isn't a huge rush because of the holiday season. I'm working on it, but admit it DOES get boring after awhile. LOL. However, I'm in love with the yarn I chose. For the DK yarn, I admit that the Paintbox Simply DK is my total favorite. It just flows so smooth through my hooks and is so soft and cozy! I can't wait to have a sweater made from it!


Patterns on Deck


Here is a peek at my Ravelry pattern library. This shows you the patterns I've purchased or downloaded to be worked on in the future. I actually started a pair of the socks for me. I also cannot wait to do the Catalina Cardi and Daphne Pullover!

Exciting News!


And for the best news...I actually WON a HUGE Crochet/Yarn giveaway on Instagram! I received everything you see in this photo AND several patterns. I'm thrilled and shocked. I enter enough of them and never expect to be the one picked...so yes, I did quite the dance at this news!

Project bags, a handmade crochet hook, pompoms, signs, keychains, and gorgeous hand dyed yarn! What a prize to win! I cannot wait to get it and start squishing on it!


*****

No comments: