August 15, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch for 8/15

Everyday Ruralty

Do you have any type of air cleaner in your home?
Yes. It's called open windows! (snort) Whenever I want cleaner air in my house--as it does get stale and stuffy--I throw open our windows and let the fresh air in! Living on the farm allows for fabulous fresh breezes and every now and then during the summer, the scent of honeysuckle or fresh cut hay wafts in...yum!
***
What do you do with the spare change you accumulate in your car, purse, pockets, etc?
We have a gigantic ceramic bowl. We throw all our change into that. My husband even empties his $1 bills into it too. We funded our 10 year anniversary with the money that accumulated in there! It always amazes me how quickly you get into the $100 range with quarters. The largest amount we ever had was over $500! And it weighed a TON!
***
What's one chore you wish you never had to do again?
Um...housework? (giggle) I love everything else about being a stay-at-home mom EXCEPT for the house cleaning. And really if someone would just take away cleaning bathrooms I'm okay!
***
Are you outgoing, quite, shy, reserved, or life of the party?
Definitely outgoing but with weird shy tendencies. I DESPISE asking for the time, or asking for help, or calling customer service people, and I don't just go up to new people and start talking... Is that weird?
***
Have you understood your parents more as you've gotten older?
Who doesn't? I mean it's not until you are an adult with children of your own that you finally get the reason you had so many chores when you were little...or why your mom always told you to put on clean underwear...or why your dad was totally fine with you looking like a dork in your clothes (when you were a girl)...it all makes sense now! LOL!

Mmmm...those were some fun questions! I'd love to hear what your answers would have been--so pick one and leave me a comment with your answer!

Photobucket

No comments: