September 26, 2019

Adventures in Crochet~ Catching Up with Some Baby Stuff

I don't have nearly the time to crochet now that school has started again. Mostly because we are so busy once school is out. But I've tried to work on a few crochet projects to gift to my newly arrived nieces and nephew! Yep, it was a baby year and we added THREE babies to the clan--one in July and TWO in September, only 3 days apart! I LOVE crocheting baby stuff. I've already shared the outfit I made for my July niece. But today I'll show you what I did for my September niece and nephew!

Earlier in the summer, I worked on making this
headband and booties set for my upcoming niece. I love how simple the pattern was (check out the ETSY store for Mon Petit Violon to find amazingly simple baby patterns) and this yarn really allowed the design to shine!

I finally finished the little A-line dress that goes with it for a full set! The correct color of pink is what it is in the photo above. It's not accurate in the following picture. But you can see the dress well! Don't you love the white edging at the bottom? Totally matches the headband and booties!
I can't wait to see how it looks on my little niece. I'm hoping it fits okay and won't swallow her up! LOL. I made it out of thinner cotton yarn (Caton 8 from Scheepjes) so not only is it washable, but it's cooler. I also made it so she could wear a white long sleeve onesie underneath for the fall/winter months as well. 

For my nephew it was a more of a challenge--he lives in Arizona, so crochet clothing isn't as useful. I dug through my yarn stash and found three lighter weight washable yarns (all three are a #3 DK weight) and decided to make him a baby blanket. I know his mama and daddy are going to Colorado soon, so I know it can be used there! The blue is just a light dusty blue--not the easiest color to photography I'm afraid...
Haven't woven the ends in yet, but I love the way the border looks!

These may have been lying around, but they are perfect together!
The wavy stripes are my favorite for blankets in general. I made LARGE afghans in this design for my two boys and plan on another one for my dad this fall/winter. It's sooooo easy to do with a double crochet stitch. Easiest stitch and blanket ever!

Next up is a baby blanket for my niece. I already have the yarn--just deciding which pattern to use. Meanwhile, I'm also working on catching up on my temperature blanket. I've got June done and almost done with July. My August stripe pattern is printed and ready to. But the September stripe will be posting early next week--so I've got to get cracking on getting caught up. But at least October's stripe won't be posted until the first week of November! The blanket looks sooo cool and is already quite large! I'm going to share photos of the progress soon!

(Interested in learning more about the Crochet-a-Long Temperature Blanket I'm working on? Make sure you learn more at Teagan & Lu's blog!)


*****

No comments: