July 7, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal Post ~ July 7th

It's time for another Homeschool Mother's Journal post...
*In my life this week…I am hoping for some normalcy. bwahahahahahahahahaha. Righhhhhttt. Whatever THAT is. Seriously though, this coming week should be very fun. We've got family flying in to visit and a church campout to get ready for!


*In our homeschool this week…I am continuing to review the Pre-K curriculum for Blue Manor Academy. So far it's been going wonderful and I'm looking forward to doing it more this week. We are also going to be focusing on books and activities related to the Ocean for this months Poppin's Book Nook. I have a nice bag of library books ready to go and crafts/activities pinned on Pinterest. So I'm hoping we can get to at least one of those this week.



*Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…take a break if you need it. I can't tell you how many homeschooling moms I've seen who have asked if they were dumb or wrong to just take a break for awhile to breathe and get their heads back over the water. I always assure them that it is a MUST for all homeschooling families. There are just times when you need to walk away for a bit to breathe, regroup and plan.



*Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…our family here is excited to see my sister-in-law this week. She is flying in from Arizona for a 2 week visit! I admit that she's the "favorite" aunt for my boys---and they are so sad that she lives in Arizona now...



*My favorite thing this (past) week was…potty training!! I know that's a weird thing to be a favorite, but when it means no more diapers--it's fabulous! Now we just have to get him to remember to poo in the TOILET and now outside...because it gets very very messy. Trust me.



*My kiddos favorite thing this week was…4th of July fireworks of course. Well, I guess I should clarify. My Little Britches ADORED the fireworks. Especially the "questionable" ones that my husband set off. However, Baby Britches couldn't handle the "POP! No Pop!" and he cried and cried. So we had to take him inside to watch them from the window with my father-in-law. My oldest did the same thing at that age. I think their ears are just way to sensitive, even when you cover them.



*Things I’m working on…well, I have a long list. But in regards to character traits--it is order and cleanliness. I have been trying very hard to stay on top of my big chores this week to keep the kitchen free from dirty dishes and the laundry completely done--not just washed, dried and folded. But actually put away. (Tell me I'm not alone in that?? LOL!) As for things that need to get done, we have several ladies in our church area who are having a hard time and I want to--no I NEED to write them cards and send them in snail mail.



*I’m cooking…kale chips! Yes I'm going to try making my own today (this week?) My littlest needs to be getting good calcium and since he can't drink/eat dairy I want to try a snack food. Friends gave me several different variations on a main recipe, so I'm going to try it out and see how it goes!



*I’m grateful for…rain. But I'd be very very VERY grateful for some sun. We've had 10" of rain in the last 2 weeks. Last night a tree came down off the hill roots and all and blocked the road. So I'm worried about the hillside getting soft. I'm also incredibly--or rather MOST grateful for the Lord's protection this week for my littlest. Baby Britches was accidentally hit by a rock thrown by his brother (something not allowed anyways) and it got him 1/2" below his right eye...right on his eye bone. It sliced it about 1 1/2" long but it was a clean fine thin slice, so no stitches. But we are praying for it to heal up swiftly and well leaving minimal scarring. I'm buying some Vitamin E capsules to prick and use on the wound. That is so much healthier for them then petroleum based Neosporin. Between Vitamin E mixed with some essential oils and following it up with coconut oil I'm sure it will heal very well.



*I’m praying for…S U N S H I N E!!



*Something I am ogling or have my eye on… oh I really really miss the electric kettle my mom has! It was so nice to have boiling water ready in a minute or so! Here is one similar to what she has--

we drink a lot of hot tea here and I know my husband hates waiting for water to boil on the stove--but I want to avoid the microwave. I think this would be a great way to do that.


*A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…I want to share this music video put together for a most moving song called "Gratitude" by Nichole Nordeman. I heard it and it just touched me so...I hope you will be moved by it too.



May you have a most blessed week...
Photobucket

No comments: