October 20, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal Post~ October 20th

Link To This Week's Post
*****
  In my life this week…
I have been enjoying just “being” a mom, teacher, wife…just being me.

  In our homeschool this week…
We studied Native Americans this week. Little Britches was tickled to learn that he has both Blackfeet and Cherokee blood. He thinks that is very cool and eagerly found where their tribal nations used to be and then looked up their types of homes. We enjoyed making wigwams and teepees. We also re-introduced multiplication…and I discovered we desperately need to learn skip counting and multiplication rules! LOL! Flashcards, anyone?!

  Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Sadly we didn’t get to go to the pumpkin festival…it poured down rain! But today I am going with the Ladies Club from our church on a tour of a Fibers company—they do everything from processing the raw wool to turning it into a final finished yarn. I am very excited because I love seeing this kind of thing!

  Things I’m working on…
Cleaning out my papercrafting supplies and listing some of them for sale and donating others to other ladies in congregations in the area to host crafing parties to construct cards to send out to those people on the prayer list. I always enjoy putting together boxes for that sort of thing. I have more than enough to share and it makes me happy to know that others can use it.

  I’m cooking…
Mmm. I made Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for my husband’s men’s club meeting yesterday. I’m going to make another batch tomorrow—a double batch so we have extra!

  I’m grateful for…
A woodstove to keep me warm and gorgeous autumn weather!

  I’m praying for…
my mom. Her knee hasn’t been doing well and she has to get it drained and then go into physical therapy.

  Something I am ogling or have my eye on…
Enamel Covered Cast Iron Dutch Oven in Island Spice Red
Mmm. I want one of these SOOOOOO bad. They come in a LOT of different colors, but there is something about this red one that just appeals to me greatly. I think I will ask for one as an anniversary present this year!

  A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
"If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again."  ~Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker
*****
Photobucket

No comments: