February 3, 2019

Upcoming Reviews for February/March 2019: What Are We Working On?

Review season is in the air again here on the farm. That's right, this month kicks of the 2019 Schoolhouse Review Crew year! I'm excited about what this year might bring my way and we've already gotten FIVE products in house to work on--with a couple more getting ready to be sent out. Like last year, I'm going to try to do an end of the month post to talk about what reviews are coming up the next months. This is because I typically have products to review for a 6-8 week time period. I also do it, so you know what to be watching for! February and March have a mixed bag of review products...from books to Unit Studies! So let's see what we're working on!


UPCOMING REVIEWS FOR FEBRUARY 2019


1. For the TempleHeirloom Audio
I won't hide the fact that I "begged" to be allowed to review the newest installment in the Heirloom Audio family, For the Temple. Our family has EVERY audiodrama they have produced and I was dying to get my hands on this one as well. We've already listened to it and are now going through the study guide that came with it. This review kicks off my reviews as it goes LIVE the week of February 13, 2019.

2. IXL Learning
It's been several years (about four!) since our family reviewed IXL Learning and I'm eager to give it another go! My boys are BOTH at an age where they enjoy using online products, and this one looks to be something both enjoy. Not only can they work on grade appropriate material to review several subjects, but they can work on it with my laptop AND my Kindle--meaning both can use it at the same time. IXL Learning is something that some classrooms use for Math--but we have access to their full website. This review is set to go LIVE the week of February 20. 2019!

3. Secret of the Hidden Scrolls, WorthyKids
We fell in love with the Secret of the Hidden Scrolls from WorthyKids when we reviewed them last year. I was tickled to be asked to review the next two books in the series. My youngest has already claimed them for himself and is going to be ready to give me his complete review in a couple weeks. I'll read at least one of them myself too. These are Biblical fiction chapter books for ages 6-9. This book review will go LIVE the week of February 25, 2019.

UPCOMING REVIEWS FOR MARCH 2019


4. Unit Study: SpidersHomeschool Complete
Homeschool Complete is a new company to the review crew and our crew is reviewing a great sample of all they have to offer. Some will be reviewing their COMPLETE online curriculum (K-4th), while others will be reviewing various unit studies (K-6th) they offer. Because our family LOVES unit studies, I asked for the unit study on Spiders for my youngest. That arrived this week, and we are looking forward to getting started with it! The review will go LIVE the week of March 6, 2019.

5. Art of the Modern Ages, K-3 Vol. 7ARTistic Pursuits
I think my littlest is MOST excited about reviewing another art curriculum from the family favorite ARTistic Pursuits. We've been blessed to review a curriculum from this company every year for the last several years. This month, we are reviewing on of their volumes from the Visual Arts for grades K-3 collection. I've got the first several lessons cued up and ready to go--even have my art supplies. I look forward to seeing what we can create! This review will go LIVE the week of March 13, 2019!
***
While we have these five products in house, other crew members are also going to be reviewing: Victus Study Skills and Singapore Math. Make sure you are a follower on Facebook, as I will let you know when all of those reviews go LIVE as well! 
***
As you can see, we have a nice variety of items in house to review right now. Most of these are actually for my youngest son (age 8), but there are a couple that I know my oldest son will want to join us in. I think these products give us a great start to our year! 

No comments: