May 12, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal ~ May 12th

http://www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com/category/Journal/
In my life this week…I am continuing my in depth study on the book of Ephesians. I will also be trying out some new recipes for things like granola, trail mix and other yummy snacks. I need to go through some boxes in my closet---big Rubbermaid containers that hold who knows what! Haha! I only go through them once a year--but THIS year I promised myself I'd be pretty brutal and merciless about throwing stuff out! We'll see how it goes!


In our homeschool this week…I am going to be trying out a brand new history curriculum called History Rocks Part 1. I am working with the creator (Jill @ Enchanted Homeschooling Mom) to give a review later this month. We love history and I know it will be fun to try something new. We are also plugging away on our last few weeks of our My Father's World 1st grade curriculum...


Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Embrace the mess! Let your children do something you don't let them do very often because of the clean up--they will appreciate it mightily and you will be glad you let your hair down and let them have fun. Think finger-painting!


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…It won't be much longer before our next monthly co-op field trip! This week we have to start our animal report as our field trip is at a zoo. Each student will be giving an animal report as we visit each exhibit. Little Britches chose a lion--"because they are quite fierce." Haha!


My favorite thing this week was…finishing up some good books. That always makes me happy!


My kiddos favorite thing this week was…painting. Yes--I decided to embrace the mess and let both boys paint this past week. And they enjoyed it immensely and loved seeing their creations up on the fridge.


I’m cooking…bread!!! I love fresh baked bread, don't you?


I’m grateful for…my mama and my grandma...love them both dearly!


I’m praying for…so many people dealing with so many trials from health issues, to emotional issues to loss of job. My list goes on and on and on!


Something I am ogling or have my eye on…Hmmmm...definitely the glass tea infuser travel mug I talked about on Friday's post. Ordering it tonight! :)


A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
Little Britches helping Baby Britches with his brand new John Deere tricycle from their Uncle...I love seeing them work together!


Photobucket

No comments: