May 5, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal~ May 5th


In my life this week…I have been SOOOOOO busy! Today was my Spring 2013 piano recital and I've been busy in all my spare time working on the last minute things!


In our homeschool this week…we are continuing to finish out our last days of our My Father's World-1st grade. We are so close to being done that it's getting very exciting! We will also be reviewing geography and moving forward on our math.

My favorite thing this week was…watching Little Britches face when we did some fun science experiments and different hands-on math.

My kiddos favorite thing this week was…the beautiful weather! Oh what fun to be able to go outside and play--and not just play but try out "PE" for the first official time! I bought hula hoops and a soccer ball with cones and boy did they have fun! Little Britches loved learning how to roll a hoop with a stick! He did it all over the yard with glee.

Things I’m working on…Mother's Day cards and crafts! I have to get it all mailed by no later than Wednesday, so tomorrow is a craft day for SURE! I make my own cards, so I've been very busy--especially since I had a commission.

I’m cooking…bread. And I'm trying out some new flours we bought. We have added buckwheat and coconut flour to our collection. I'm looking forward to trying it out in some yummy baked things this week--including buckwheat pancakes!

I’m grateful for…good health. An old friend just revealed that her littlest child--just about two years old-- is fighting Leukemia. I can't imagine my own sweet Baby Britches fighting that horrible disease--so I am so thankful that though he got sick this weekend, it was something simple that went away with just minimal fuss. Praise the Lord for all His healing...and may He grant sweet Lily a complete cure.

I’m praying for…see the one above. I am praying for my friend's sweet little Lily. But also for a friend who just found out her husband will be out of a job in 15 days. They have six children and are a bit scared about their future.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
"Music should strike fire from the heart of man and bring tears from the eyes of woman."               ~Beethoven

Photobucket

No comments: