July 24, 2017

Make Paper Mache and Sculpting Projects Easier with ACTIVA Products! {Product Review}

ACTIVA PRODUCTS Rigid Wrap and CelluClay Kit {Product Review}
We recently were given Rigid Wrap and CelluClay Quik-Sculpting Kit and ACTÍVA Products' Favorite Sculpture KIDS CRAFTS from ACTÍVA Products to review. It seems in homeschool there is always the need for a plaster or paper mache product sometime or another, but prepping all the supplies can take time, and be expensive. ACTÍVA Products is the answer for that and something that is not only easy to store, but easy to use!

About ACTÍVA Products

ACTÍVA Products are a special crafting supplier in the vast arts and crafts world. ACTIVA Products include Clay, Colored Sand, Paper Mache, Sculpting Materials, and More! What also makes them special, is all ACTÍVA
products are 100% wheat and gluten free, non-toxic and non-carcinogenic! Of all the products they carry, we were given the Rigid Wrap and CelluClay Quik-Sculpting Kit to review. This kit contains:
✤Two - 4" rolls of Rigid Wrap
✤8 oz. of CelluClay
✤Complete instructions for 12 projects

There is also a FREE eBook called ACTÍVA Products' Favorite Sculpture KIDS CRAFTS to help you discover even more crafts!

Our Thoughts on the Product

When the product came, I discovered the box had two packages of the Rigid Wrap and a bag of the CelluClay plaster. There was also a direction paper brochure that contains ideas for using the product, as well as tips for a successful use. There is also an eBook ACTÍVA Products' Favorite Sculpture KIDS CRAFTS for additional ideas on how to use the product. The boys and I went through all the different projects in both things and none of them really called out to us, and many just weren't interesting--and were exactly the same as what came in the kit. We did, however, settle on making sets of beads.
Rigid Wrap--it's just like the stuff they use for casts! LOL
The directions were super simple—I basically just needed a bowl of water, the quick wrap and straws for everyone. After reading the directions, I discovered that I simply cut off a piece of the plaster gauze, dip it in the water completely and lift up. Allow it to drain water and go over it with my fingers to sort of goop up the plaster. Then I fold it to the size I want my bead and simply wrap it around the straw. It was very very simple and after a quick trial and error, both boys went at it. My 11 year old picked it up quickly, and after one or two whoopsies, my almost 7 year old did as well. I experimented with different sized and shaped beads with great success and was able to help my boys copy me. They kept saying how easy it was to work with.
My youngest and I making beads
Folding the Rigid Wrap to my preferred bead size
Completed beads for the littlest
My completed beads
Once we were done we each had a handful of different sized and shaped beads to let dry. I started letting them air dry, but then took advantage of the option to use the microwave and finished baking them that way. The next day they were ready to paint—which my youngest boy did. We were able to just use the Acrylic paint we already had to do it. He decided he didn’t want sparkle Modge Podge, so right now, his isn’t coated with anything yet to keep it safe from water, but once I get more regular stuff, he will be using it.
Colorful and easy to string!
All in all, our product showed me that it was very very simple to mold into the shapes we desired, and there wasn’t any extra supplies. It dried quickly thanks to the microwave option too! We are looking forward to using the same supplies to make bowls for them each to store stuff in on their dresser!

I would recommend this product—especially to arts and crafts classes needing something quick and easy for the children to use. I am preparing to go to summer camp, and I think this product would be great for the arts and craft sessions there—especially for something like the beads we made. One of the main highlights is that it doesn’t need anything extra supplies wise. Just water with a bowl and whatever you are going to mold it around. And at only $11.90/kit, it would be easy to get enough for an entire class of children! We used one set of Rigid Wrap to make a handful of beads for each person and hardly used any of ONE roll!

This product is also definitely for ANYONE with a student who has a need to make projects. I am thinking that this would assist in science fair creations or anything more 3D your child needs to create.

The main challenge I have with this product--what do I do with the things they create when they are all done??! LOL

Want to Know More?

We have been reviewing the Rigid Wrap and CelluClay Quik-Sculpting Kit and an eBOOK called ACTÍVA Products' Favorite Sculpture KIDS CRAFTS from ACTÍVA Products. You have seen one of the projects we've worked on--but there is so much more this product can do! Please go and visit some of the other crew members to see how they enjoyed this product!
Rigid Wrap and CelluClay Quik-Sculpting Kit {ACTÍVA Products Reviews}

You can follow ACTÍVA Products on these social media sites:


No comments: